A trip to Winter Wonderland has become a kind of tradition for my husband and I. We’ve never missed it since 2010. It’s just so much fun – the rides, the giant wheel, the talking tree, the Christmas market, the ice skating rink, the food and drink stalls, the festive ambience… etc, etc… And it’s so much bigger this year too! Yes, everything is a bit more expensive, but not overly so; you shouldn’t let that ruin your experience. It’s Winter Wonderland… go with plenty of cash and just have fun! Here are some pictures from our trip there today:
Don’t you just love the ambience?
Cheese! From Snowdonia! They’re so yummy, and at £5 each, we just had to get a few!
Marzipan! Again… so yummy! But they’re quite pricey… £13 for a box of 6!
Floating Christmas decorations and candles. They’re really really pretty! We think they’d look really good in the living room next to a nicely decorated Christmas tree.
This guy’s just amazing!
Ah… the giant wheel…
All in all… lovely day! We might go one more time before it ends on 4 January 2015. Otherwise, until next year, Winter Wonderland!
But where do I start, you ask? Here’s a list of some of my favourite retailers that have jumped on the Black Friday and Cyber Monday bandwagon:
1. Retailers selling a range of products
Amazon UK: Amazon launches multiple deals with differing number of stocks and prices every 10 minutes between 8am and 9pm. Head over to their website to see all available and upcoming deals . While you’re there, you might also want to check out the Amazon Kindle Fire HDX Tablet – you can get up to £100 off all week, subject to availability.
Asda: Asda offers a range of discounted products in stores only, on Friday and Saturday. Sale starts at 8am on Friday. Check their Black Friday’s site to get an idea of the deals on offer and which stores are participating.
Marks and Spencer: M&S offers up to 30% off certain products online and in stores. Starts at midnight on Thursday until midnight on Monday, 1 December.
Sainsbury’s: Sainsbury’s offers a range of discounted products in stores only. Starts at 1am on Friday in its 24-hour stores and from normal opening hour in all its other stores.
Tesco: Tesco offers discounts of up to 70% on a range of products online and in stores. Starts at 00.01 on Friday. Go to Tesco Direct to see the deals.
2. Fashion and beauty
Benefit Cosmetics: Benefit Cosmetics offers 15% off everything online from Friday to Monday, 1 December. Use code SAVE15 for your purchases.
Cath Kidston: Cath Kidston offers 15% off everything online and in stores from Friday to Sunday. Use code SNOW15 for online purchases.
Hunter: Hunter offers 20% off everything online and in stores. No codes needed and expiry date unknown.
L’Occitane: L’Occitane offers a number of deals online starting on Friday until Sunday, 7 December. Use the following codes for your purchases:
- Escape to Provence gifts for £15 when you spend £30: BLACK (valid from 9am until midnight on Friday)
- Weekend exclusive gift free when you spend £180: SPOILME (valid from 9am on Friday until midnight on Sunday)
- Buy 2, get 1 free, on a gorgeous selection of travel kits: 3FOR2 (valid from 9am on Friday until midnight on Sunday)
- Get a £10 gift card for your next purchase when you spend £50: GATE1 (valid on Monday, 1 December)
- Free hand rescue collection when you spend £25 or more: GATE2 (valid on Tuesday, 2 December)
- Pampering collection free when you spend £50 or more: GATE3 (valid on Wednesday, 3 December)
- Expert care collection for men free when you spend £50 or more: GATE4 (valid on Thursday, 4 December)
- Free 250ml shower gel when you spend £40 or mor: GATE5 (valid on Friday, 5 December)
- Weekend essentials collection free when you spend £40 or more: GATE6 (valid on Saturday, 6 December)
- Create your travel kit free when you spend £45 or more: GATE7 (valid on Sunday, 7 December)
On top of that, you’ll also get free standard delivery on all orders until Sunday, 19 December.
Mango: Mango offers 30% off everything online and in stores from Friday to Sunday. Use code 5BLACK4 for online purchases. It’s also offering free return until 15 January 2015.
Sweaty Betty: Sweaty Betty offers 20% off everything online from Friday to Sunday. Use code BLACK20 for your purchases.
3. Gadgets and electrical
Carphone Warehouse: Carphone Warehouse offers saving of up to £200 online and in stores. Starts at 8am on Friday until midnight on Tuesday, 2 December.
Currys PC World: Currys offers a range of “black tag” deals online from 8am on Friday until midnight on Wednesday, 3 December. Most of the offers are also available in stores. Rumour has it that it’s knocking £80 off Apple MacBooks and iMacs.
Game: Game promises big discount on… well… games. In stores only, and stores will open until 3am on Friday. Check their website for details.
John Lewis: John Lewis offers a range of deals (mostly electrical), which starts at 00.01 on Friday on its website and 8am in stores. It’s also offering price match on a range of products found elsewhere (including £100 off all MacBooks!). Check their website for details.
Disclosure: this is a non-sponsored post; it does, however, contains affiliate links.